How to get signings?
As always at Japan Expo Sud, two signing session systems are set to allow everyone to have a chance of getting a personalized memory of the festival!
Note: signing sessions are strictly forbidden
to exhibitors, professional and amateur alike!
Generally speaking, you are asked to present an official product of the artist when attending a signing session (an official product is not a counterfeit!).
For some artists, the festival offers a signing support.
The signing passport
To manage signing systems in the best way and allow most of you to get signing coupons, Japan Expo Sud has created a new tool: the signing passport!
How it works
The signing passport is given to you when you first go to the Signing Desk:
- to get it, you have to show your entrance ticket
- a mark is put on your ticket
- you get your signing passport
- when you win the draw or get your signing coupon with the “first come, first served” system, a mark is set on the signing passport for the guest you chose
- Premium Ticket owners already have a Premium passport where marks are set.
- For e-tickets and tickets printed at home, the ticket is scanned, which replaces the mark set when the signing passport is given.
Important: signing passports are given only once! If they are lost, stolen, given or anything else, you cannot get another one!
You can have only one signing per guest
during the whole festival.
First come, first served
Usually reserved to the early signings of the day, the "first come, first served" system favors the most motivated attendees. As soon as the festival opens, the ritual takes place:
- visit the Signing Desk (Point Dédicaces)
- ask for a signing session ticket for the artist you want and show your signing passport
- a mark corresponding to the signing session you asked for is put on your signing passport
- with your ticket, go to the signing room at the right time
- hold on… the artist is coming! You’re about to have your autograph!
"First come, first served" restriction
You can take part in every "first come, first served" signing
Usually for signing sessions during the day and for important guests, the “draw” system gives all the attendees the same chances.
If you’re coming for far away and cannot win at "first come, first served", this system is made for you!
- ask to participate in the draw for the artist you want and present your signing passport
- a corresponding mark will be added to your signing passport
- draw a small paper from the box presented to you
- if you draw two of them, you will have to do it again, whatever the result!
- in the box, there are “You won” and “You lost” papers
- if you win, a signing session ticket is given to you
- don’t forget, you can try this only once a day per guest and per person!
One draw per attendee, per day and per guest
There may be some waiting at the Signing Desk (Point Dédicaces).