Shorinji Kempo® is a popular martial art in Japan, where over 3.000 clubs and many universities practice it, with over a million people, of any gender, age, or class.
This art is above all about self-defense techniques that can be used by everyone in any situation, without physical strength. This art is not about winning, but rather not losing.
Improving your physical condition and mental strength is also part of Shorinji Kempo®. It also includes philosophical principles. One of them is the importance of working together with another person.
There are no Shorinji Kempo® competitions and the improvement is based on the progress people make, regarding their personal abilities.
- chinkon: zazen meditation
- kata: in groups
- embu: ceremony fight
- gôhô hôkei and juhô hôkei: attack and defense technique for two people
Initiation sessions to defense techniques (gôhô and juhô) are also planned.
- Fédération française de Shorinji Kempo: www.shorinjikempo.fr
- Marseille’s club:
- Montpellier’s club: www.shorinjikempo-montpellier.jimdo.com
- Monaco’s club: www.monaco-shorinjikempo.com
- Ajaccio’s club: dôjô of the city hall, Sarrola-Carcopino annex at Baléone