Terumi NISHII was born in 1978 near Osaka where she later studied design. She soon got started in animation and joined studio Cockpit. She worked as a freelancer for a while, before working with studio Shiokaze. She is back to working as a fulltime freelancer and has been in charge of many varied projects.
Terumi NISHII completed her training with great names of animation such as Jun’Ichi HAYAMA, Masaaki IWANE, Takahiro KAGAMI, and her teacher Yoshihiko UMAKOSHI.
As a fan of Revolutionary Girl Utena by director Kunihiko IKUHARA, she drew fanzines inspired from it and then was an assistant inbetweener for the feature film that was released in 1999. A few years later, she worked by his side on the movie Mawaru Penguindrum.
In 2005, she was the animation director on Mushi-Shi, then on a few episodes from Death Note and in 2008 on the Casshern Sins series. She also became a chara-designer, on successful series such as Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable or Saint Seiya - Knights of the Zodiac.
Terumi NISHII is also a mangaka as Studio Meiris and has been working on an original manga, Crown of Ourobouros, since 2016, which she publishes on her website.
Terumi NISHII will be attending the festival all three days, holding signings, a panel and a live drawing!
Selection of works
- Bokura ga Ita (animation director assistant)
- Casshern Sins (animation director)
- Death Note (animation director)
- Gag Manga Nichiwa 2 (animation director)
- Haikara san ga Tooru: Zenpen, Benio Hana no 17 sai (chara-designer)
- Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable (chara-designer)
- Ojamajo Doremi (animator)
- Mawaru Penguindrum (chara-designer)
- Mushi-Shi (animation director)
- Saint Seiya Hades Meikai-hen (animator)
- Saint Seiya - Knights of the Zodiac (chara-designer)
- Servant x Service (chara-designer)
- Street Fighter Alpha 2 Zero (inbetweener)
- Revolutionary Girl Utena (feature film, assistant inbetweener)
Follow Terumi NISHII on studio-meiris.com