Harpist, singer, composer, and songwriter drawing on the Arthurian imagination or the moors of her natal region Finistère, familiar with ancestral tales in which the journey is an initiation, Cécile CORBEL has expressed herself, with her musicians, during numerous concerts on the roads of France and around the globe.
Twice awarded the Gold Disc for the soundtrack of studio Ghibli Arrietty, by director Hiromasa YONEBAYASHI and based on a script by Hayao MIYAZAKI, best film music in 2010 in Japan, this unclassifiable artist keeps multiplying projects, encounters, and recordings.
In 2017, she flew to China with her musicians for a series of concerts. A success as another tour has been planned in Asia in 2019. Now, Cécile CORBEL is back with a new album, a journey through the world of childhood, with many musicians, exclusive collaborations, and a children’s choir: Enfant du vent will be Cécile CORBEL’s eighth album, to be released on March 29.
Don’t miss Cécile CORBEL on Saturday at Japan Expo Sud: she will be performing live and holding a signing!
- Harpe celtique et chants du monde (2005 - Keltia Musique)
- SongBook vol. 1 (2006 - Keltia Musique)
- Songbook vol. 2 (2008 - Keltia Musique)
- Karigurashi (2010 - Yamaha Music Communication)
- Arrietty's Song EP, Disque d'or au Japon (2010 - Yamaha Music Communication)
- Karigurashi no Arrietty soundtrack, Gold Disc Award 2010 and Soundtrack of the Year Award 2010 in Japan (2010 - Tokuma)
- SongBook vol. 3 - Renaissance (2011 - Keltia Musique)
- Songbook vol. 4 - Roses (2013 - Keltia Musique)
- Terre des Ours – Film soundtrack (2014 - Polydor)
- La Fiancée (2014 - Polydor)
- Vagabonde (2016 - Polydor)