Japan Expo Sud 2022: Are you ready?
Japan Expo Sud is back for its 12th edition and has unveiled part of its program: if you haven’t followed our news lately, it’s time to catch up. More content will be announced, so visit our website regularly!
- Brigitte Lecordier: come meet the famous voice actress who gave her voice to Son Goku, Son Gohan et Son Goten as kids in Dragon Ball!
- Cosplayeurs from ECG: discover European Cosplay Gathering, the huge European cosplay competition, and meet previous winners and remarkable participants !
- NTNT (No Time No Tune): a group of vocalists coming from the web invite you to (re)discover pop culture through covers of your favorite anime and video game music!
- NUIT INCOLORE: discover the melancholic melodies of this young Swiss singer-songwriter through showcases and meet him for signings!
- Animaniak, game and quiz: Come and test your knowledge of animation and Japanese pop culture during a giant game and quiz activity!
- Animaniak, karaoke : come celebrate the closing of the 12th edition of Japan Expo Sud with joy and good humor while singing all your favorite anime music!
- Cosplay Shows: the best cosplayers bring your favorite heroes to life under the spotlights of the Ichigo Stage. Cosplay Shows are planned on Saturday and Sunday!
- Cosplay : show by CoSA: meet the members of CoSA for a superfun show inspired by the manga "Back Street Girls", when Yakuzas become idols!
- Epic Pixel Battle : Epic Pixel Battle: a crazy atmosphere in rap battles embodied by your favorite pop characters!
- K-pop cover contest by MAD SQUAD: on saturday dance groups will compete on stage. Do you want to participate ? All information here.
- ASSL: Lightsaber Show: Come see these modern-day Jedi at work in a lightsaber demonstration.
- Showcases No Time No Tune: your favorite anime and movies songs! Showcases take place on friday et sunday.
- Showcases Nuit Incolore: discover the singer-songwriter for showcases on friday, saturday et sunday.
Create your personal schedule for the festival: click here to have a look at the festival schedule and choose the events you want to add to your schedule!
- Animaniak: Come and test your knowledge of Japanese pop culture on the stand of the Animaniak association! Quiz, blind test, karaoke...
- Beat Saber in VR: the Game Academy will present you their formations and invites you to play Beat Saber in VR at their booth.
- Blind test K-pop: MAD SQUAD tests your knowledge on saturday on Sakura scene. Ready for the game ?
- Consulate of Japan: the Consulate of Japan in Marseille and its three partner associations present the "traditional" Japanese culture to you through the art of traditional dolls, shogi, bonsai and kintsugi.
- Cosplay Azur: the association exhibits its most beautiful pieces and offers you mini-games as well as manga version portraits of you at their stand.
- Cosplay workshop: Freedom’s Cosplay Show will help you with your costumes, wigs an and make-up at their booth.
- Dioramas: discover the action figures of your favorite heroes in the heat of the action amidst Star Hill Team’s sets and models! The collective will be exhibiting dioramas at the festival.
- Exhibition Au cœur de Lovecraft: join Howard & Co's detective agency and dive in H.P. Lovecraft's dark and surreal universe…
- Exhibition Buichi Terasawa: discover the work of the legendary mangaka, author of Cobra in particular, in a retrospective exhibition.
- Dynamic Heroes exhibition: Do you like Grendizer? Mazinger Z? Devilman? Then don't miss the dream series for fans of master Gô Nagai!
- Independant video games: studio Futurtech presents their games La Forêt de Pago (to learn French), Pago Forest – Defense Tower (strategy game) andCarnage Offering (FPS). Come and try them !
- Lightsaber : do you feel like a Jedi or a Sith? Whatever your camp, learn the handling of the lightsaber during initiations at Japan Expo Sud!
- Martial arts: the Budô area is back and so are the local clubs, ready to shows you their disciplines. On the tatamis, have a go at kendo with Fudokan, or shorinji kempo with Shorinji Kempo Marseille aikido with FFAAA, aikivudao with FAKVDF, karate with Karaté Dojo Marseillais, judo with the Comité 13 Judo !
- Manga workshops: you want to learn how to draw like a mangaka? Or to improve your style? Get your pencils: the ART ET MOUVEMENT workshop will be welcoming you!
- Mah-jong: come and discover the rules of this very popular game in Japan or, if you are already an insider, face opponents of your size, on the Chuuren Potos Marseille stand.
- Manga drawing contest: show your mangaka talents and try to win prizes with ART ET MOUVEMENT.
- Origami: learn how to make traditional paper figures or fold your favorite characters with origami !
- Parkage: the Vitrolles shop invites you to discover board games and complete your Pokémon and YuGiOh card collections.
- Random Play Dance by MAD SQUAD: join the group to dance at the sound of your favorite songs under the sun of Marseille!
- Shiatsu discovering : Relax in the expert hands of the school Iokaï Shiatsu’s members, who offer free shiatsu sessions.
- SOS COSPLAY: Aoi Sora Cosplay welcomes you at their booth for last minute repairs on your cosplays!
- Studio photo cosplay: keep a trace of your costume or simply a souvenir of Japan Expo Sud by taking picture at this booth!
- Virtual reality game : Ready for the match? Challenge your friends in virtual reality on the video game King Pong, presented by studio Iconik!
- Volt Events: an unmissable booth where you can try virtual reality in an “energy balls and shields” version of dodgeball, and epic battles with laser weapons.
Ticketing: 1-day tickets, week-end and 3-day passes, and Zen Tickets are on sale on our website. Book them now to get the best rates!
First visit: all the information you need to discover Japan Expo Sud with a peaceful mind are on this page.
Opening hours, rush hours, services…: all the information you need to organize your visit is in our attendee’s guide.
Sanitary measures: find all information regarding sanitary measures here.
To find out about our upcoming announces, follow our news on the website and on our Facebook page.
We’ll see you on February 18-20, 2022 at Marseille Chanot!