10th Anniversary Specials
- ANNIVERSARY EVENING EVENTS:
- PREMIERE: don’t miss the screening of the new movie Fate/Stay Night: Heaven’s Feel II. Lost Butterfly, in partnership with Wakanim. Ticketing: book your tickets on our website until tonight, or tomorrow from the cash desks and Gift Shop.
- CONCERT: on Saturday night, the three groups and artist coming from Japan will get together for the J-pop Party! With Emi ARISAKA, BANZAI JAPAN, andkolme live.
- Emi ARISAKA: the J-rock lolita is back in France to meet the public from the South after winning the talent show JAPAN EXPO ROCKs.
- BANZAI JAPAN: the idol group who won Tokyo Candoll 2018 is bringing its lively pop music at Japan Expo Sud with showcases!
- Cécile CORBEL: the soundtrack composer of Studio Ghibli’s Arrietty is introducing her new album, Enfant du vent.
- kolme: Let kolme lead you into their melodic and dancing J-pop universe on stage!
- Taichiro MIYAZAKI: CyberConnect2 Vice President is holding a panel about the activities and games of the studio which created the .hack and Naruto: Ultimate Ninja series, and JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven.
- Terumi NISHII: Death Note animation director and Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable chara-designer is holding signings, a panel, and a live drawing.
- Rinaca & Surine: the cosplayer duo will share their passion with you at a panel.
- Symphonia: the cosplayer will show you her most breathtaking creations!
- NEW! Pro wrestling: a ring will be set up for the very first time, with 6 pro wrestlers from ICWA, ready to fight! Experience the feeling with the initiation classes.
- Cosplay Shows: your favorite heroes come to life on stage on Friday and Sunday!
- Komainu Yosakoi Lyon: dance yosakoi and watch the demos!
- Love Live! Cosplay playlet: Love Live! School Idol Project universe live on stage with the cosplayers from CoSA association.
- The Neko Light Orchestra: the group will perform covers of the most beautiful music from Isao TAKAHATA’s films (Grave of the Fireflies…).
- Pousses du Bamboo Orchestra: enjoy the rhythm of bamboo drums on the Sakura Stage.
- World Cosplay Summit 2019 French selections: the best French cosplayers compete to represent their country at the WCS finals, on Saturday.
Activities & events
- Cooking demos: Clara ONUKI shares her recipes with you.
- Cosplay workshops: learn the basics of sewing or DIY to make your first costume, or pose at a photoshoot, with Aoi Sora Cosplay, Cosplay Azur, Freedom’s Cosplay Show, Slander Cosplay, and Shudan Pictures.
- European Cosplay Gathering: come meet ECG contestants at their booth.
- Geek culture: an area dedicated to geek culture, light saber initiations and Stormtroopers going about.
- Giant games: try the human baby foot or try a sumo fight in a foam costume.
- Japanese garden: the ideal place for a change of scenery and for your photos!
- Martial arts: six local clubs show you their discipline with demonstrations, from kendô to karate, or aikidô, and invite you to try them with initiations.
- Special Exhibit about the Future: giant statues and dioramas take yo back to cult futuristic anime such as Grendizer or Gundam.
- Time to relax: try reiki or shiatsu, and discover Japanese well-being techniques.
- Traditional arts: bonsai, calligraphy, ikebana, kitsuke, origami, tataki zome… the Consulate General of Japan in Marseille invites you to discover traditional culture.
- Traditional games: learn the rules of mah-jong or go, and enter your first tournament.
- Video games: from retrogaming to the latest games, Artigiancab – Arcades, Les Gamers du cœur, and Retro Geek's Style lend you their gamepads for freeplay and tounaments.
- VR Escape Game: the first escape game in virtual reality with Virtual Room.
- NEW! Japan Expo Sud is moving in to Marseille Chanot’s congress hall!
CLICK HERE TO TAKE A LOOK AROUND
- New stages: find out about the new facilities that will be hosting the Ichigo and Yuzu stages, and the new features such as the Video room or the Sora stage, click here.
- General floor map: locate all the new facilities and stages on the map!
- NEW! The entrance is moving too, next to Sainte-Marguerite Dromel metro station (line 2).
- Access map: prepare your itinerary with the new access map.
- Floor map & program: plan your visit with the complete floor map and the schedule.
- Ticketing: 1-day and 3-day tickets are on sale online and in stores. And there are Zen Tickets left too: on sale on our website now.
- Good deals: prepare your visit and benefit from a discount when booking a room with B&B Hôtels or a cheap bus fare with SoBus!
- Opening hours, rush hours, services, jens…: all you need to know to prepare your visit is in the Attendee’s guide.
Let’s celebrate the 10th Anniversary of Japan Expo Sud on February 22-24, 2019 at Marseille Chanot!